Ability Tree First Coast is a volunteer-driven organization. We envision individuals and families impacted by disability being accepted and supported in their local communities, feeling included in their neighborhoods, schools, workplaces, and churches.
Families with children with special needs face challenges above and beyond what typical families face on a daily basis. According to the 2000 Census, there are 54 million Americans living with a disability and close to 9 million are under the age of 15! Ultimately, living with a child with a disability can have profound effects on the entire family – parents, siblings, and extended family members.
Fulfilling our vision involves people who are compassionate and willing to give of their time and serve on a team. If that sounds like something you might be interested in, please take a few minutes to complete our Volunteer Application, and you will be contacted by a representative from Ability Tree First Coast.
Attention High Schoolers and College Students!
YOU CAN EARN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS! We are a nonprofit agency, which means volunteering with ATFC is a win-win-win! You get service hours, ATFC gets high energy volunteers like yourself, and the greatest win is our ATFC families getting the R.E.S.T. they need!!
- Parents Night Out / Parents Day Out: These are our respite events, so parents/caregivers can drop off their child(ren) and have a break from their responsibilities! We are looking for volunteers to make these PNO/PDO events a success! Volunteer opportunities include being a special buddy (paired up 1:1 with a child with special needs), a big buddy (paired up with siblings), the set up/tear down crew, the ‘behind the scenes’ prep crew (help with administrative prep for the night)…those are just to name a few. Click here to send us an email telling us of your interest and you will be contacted shortly.
- CampAbility Special Day Camp: This is an interactive high energy day camp that specializes in working with children who have special needs and their siblings. You will have an opportunity to have fun hands-on experiences with the campers and make an impact in these campers’ lives. It’s a win-win scenario! Click here to send us an email telling us of your interest and you will be contacted shortly.
- Event & Fundraising Committee: Are you a “behind the scenes” kind of person? Then you can help with the planning involved. Are you a “Type-A” personality? Then you can help keep the group stay on task. Are you outgoing? Then you can help get the word out and get others to want to support us. Are you someone who’s good with finances? Then you can help the team decide what funds to pursue. Are you creative? Then you can help the team plan creative fundraisers other than the usual.
In order for us to make our programs and activities free or at a reduced rate for our ATFC families, we need to raise funds to offset the costs. We are currently seeking volunteers of various ages (age 18+), professions, skills, and interests. We feel a diverse group will make a quality team. Most meetings are done via conference calls/video calls and emails. There are only a few in-person meetings each year. If you’re interested in being on the committee, click here to send us an email telling us of your interest and you will be contacted shortly.
- Hobby FUNdraiser: Do you have a hobby you are passionate about? Is it photography, fishing, golfing, gaming, baking, hiking, _____ (fill in the blank)? How about you turn that hobby into an opportunity to support a charity – like Ability Tree First Coast! Click here to find out how.
- Photography and Videography Opportunity! Are you great with the camera or taking videos?! Then we have a place for you! We are needing someone (or a few someones) to volunteer to take photos and videos of our events. If interested, click here to send us an email telling us of your interest and you will be contacted shortly.